RESA® Benefits Quick Glance
- Access to continuing education courses
- Enjoy special rates and discounts from car rentals, office supplies, online shopping to theme parks and more
- Access to preferred pricing from artwork, greenery, bathroom finishings and warehouse management
- Discounts to the most popular online marketing companies
- Discounted rates on credit card processing fees
- Enjoy the ability to pass on a discount to your homeowners on POD, Sherwin Williams and Sears
- Access to legal resources, such as tax forms, business articles and more
- Discounts to the only online consultation software company created by stagers for stagers
- Enjoy discounts to some of the top designer trades in North America
- Discount to the one and only inventory management system created by stagers for stagers
- Discounted rates from some of the top furniture rental companies in North America
- Access to home staging business insurance
- RESA® provides you with a place to network with your peers and helps elevate your status on a local level
- RESA® offers opportunities to participate in leadership
- RESA® preferred pricing for annual convention
- Access to the Staging Excellence Alliance® program
- Ability to join REALTORS® Federal Credit Union
Benefits of RESA® Membership
Why Join RESA?
The Real Estate Staging Association® (RESA®), a 501 c 6 tax-exempt organization, is the trade association for professional home stagers. RESA® is the portal to the staging industry and is the source of education and business tools focusing on the needs of stagers.
As a member of RESA®, you have access to a wide range of benefits, business tools, statistical data, educational opportunities, and preferred pricing programs designed to help you succeed in your business. Some of the valuable programs and services you receive include:
RESA® provides information to home owners and real estate agents regarding the value of home staging.
RESA® released the Consumer’s Guide to Real Estate Staging™ DVD, $14.95 for RESA® members and $24.95 for non-members. In addition, we provide a free publication titled Consumer’s Guide to Real Estate Staging™ USA and The Consumer's Guide to Real Estate Staging™ Canada Both tools explain the benefits of home staging and have statistics to support why homeowners should work with professional home stagers when selling their home.
As a member, you have access to professional tools and publications that assist you in communicating to homeowners the value of staging.
Real Estate Agent Outreach
RESA® has created the Staging to Sell What Every Agent Should Know Course for real estate agents. Members may purchase and use this course to educate agents on their local level about the benefits of home staging. RESA-PRO® members may apply to receive an approved instructor status and in many states will be eligible to teach this course for continuing education credits for real estate agents.
RESA® Code of Ethics
RESA® takes pride in our memberships Code of Ethics. A strong Code of Ethics not only protects our members, it also protects the consumer. By becoming a member of RESA®, you are showing your clients you adhere to professional standards.
RESA® provides you with a place to network with your peers and helps elevate your status on a local level.
Once you join RESA® National you are eligible to join a local chapter. Local chapters provide educational, leadership and co-operative marketing opportunities for RESA® members. Local chapters generate exposure for home staging on the local level by participating in charity events, local trade shows, teaching educational classes as well as having monthly meetings with speakers that will benefit you as a business person.
RESA® offers opportunities to participate in leadership. By participating in RESA® leadership you will be a in a position to help others while building credibility for yourself.
RESA® Home Staging Convention
RESA® members receive preferred pricing on the annual convention. The RESA® International Home Staging Convention is dedicated to enhancing the businesses of professional home stagers and re-designers. No matter where you are in your business, our speakers are dedicated to catapulting your business to the next level.
RESA® Home Staging Industry Awards
The RESA® Home Staging Industry Awards are the industry’s most prestigious awards celebrating the industry’s finest professionals in leadership, home staging and redesign categories.
Staging Excellence Alliance™
The Better Business Bureau is a great resource; however, the Staging Excellence Alliance®
is the industry specific program that allows members to get a detailed business profile and a background check to give their clients peace of mind knowing they are fully screened.
RESA® Online Home Stager Directory
Members get exclusive access to RESA’s on-line referral directory. We don't charge you for leads!! The leads go straight to you! Create your online profile with your photo, website and email links, as well as all of your contact information. In addition, create your online portfolio with unlimited photo pages.RESA® also allows you to use ALL of your designations and affiliations on your profile pages.
Membership Discounts and Resources
Realtors Federal Credit Union-The Real Estate Staging Association is pleased to offer its members the opportunity to join REALTORS® Federal Credit Union, a Division of Northwest Federal Credit Union.
Credit Union members now have access to 5,100 shared branch service centers nationwide, fee-free business checking and debit cards, the ability to make deposits and conduct transactions from anywhere with free mobile banking, access to competitive rates on mortgage loans, commercial real estate loans, business lines of credit and more.
Educational Resources– The industry’s leading training providers have developed a wide variety of continuing education courses that will help take your business to the next level.
Business Insurance – RESA® has done the research for you and developed relationships with business insurance brokers that have developed specific policies that address the needs of today’s professional home stager.
Furniture Rental– RESA® has developed amazing partnerships with furniture rental companies. These companies work with RESA® on a regular basis to not only understand the home staging industry, but they work to develop specific programs to benefit our members and support their business.
Inventory Management – RESA® has partnered with the industries only inventory management system developed by stagers for stagers. RESA® members receive their first 30-days free.
Designer Trade Memberships – Access to trade memberships such as Williams Sonoma, Kirkland’s, Pier 1 Design Concepts and Calico Corners.
Consultation Software – RESA® has partnered with the industry’s only online consultation software company created by stagers for stagers. Members receive a 14 day free trial, $19.95 a month or a discounted rate of $180.00 a year.
Legal Resource Center
– RESA® members receive 15% off orders of $25.00 or more from Nolo, the leading source for do-it-yourself legal products and resource. Included in your RESA membership are 12 important articles to help you with your business:
Choosing the Best Ownership Structure for Your Business
- Mistakes Made by New Businesses: The Top Ten
- Your Business Image: Ten Ways to Build and Market It
- The Home Office Tax Deduction
- Getting Permission to Publish: Ten Tips for Website Management
- Doing Market Research
- Define a Target Market for Your Small Business
- Business Plan Basics
- A Marketing Strategy for Every Business
- Sole Proprietorship Basics
- Start Your Own Business: 50 Things You'll Need to Do
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Basics
You also get the February 2010, 6th Edition Get your start-up off the ground equipped with the tools to navigate through the hurdles, fees, and required documents. The Small Business Start-Up Kit outlines how to:
- write an effective business plan
- file the right business forms in the right place
- draft and use contracts, online and off
- Access to Nolo's Attorney referral network
MORA the Members Only Resource Area - Includes access to product information and discounts, leadership guides, how to work with the media guides, press releases, logos, etc.
RESA® Member Logo - RESA’s member logo is available for use on marketing materials, letterhead, and business cards, adding professional credibility.
RESA® News - RESA’s monthly newsletter contains industry and association news, features, articles that will help you with your business. Keep up-to-date with vital industry information.
Greenery– Members receive a 30% discount on Jayne Seymour Botanicals.
Merchant Services Options – RESA® has a relationship with Sage at Processing Planet and has a discounted rate program for our members. Increase your client base by accepting credit cards with Sage.
Moving & Storage – RESA® members can pass on a 10% discount off of PODS storage as well as discounts from Boxkits.com.
Marketing – Take the marketing of your business to the next level and receive 10% off and NO UPLOAD FEES on Vista Print products as well as 10%, 20% or 25% off Constant Contact subscriptions.
Wholesale Pricing – Ready to buy your own inventory? RESA® has partnered with the Staging & Design Network, the industry’s only wholesale buying program for home stager, redesigners and decorators. The Staging & Design Network was created by stagers for stagers. Ambar Art, ReadyHang™ and Mirror Mate also provide members with preferred pricing on their products.
- RESA® and Staples have joined forces in order to give our members discounted contract pricing on Staples Products. StaplesLink.com is Staples' business-to-business Internet ordering solution. With StaplesLink.com, you can order supplies electronically from your computer anytime. The site provides immediate access to over 40,000 products, with new additions daily, at your RESA's negotiated low prices!
Discounts, Discounts, Discounts – RESA® has partnered with Working Advantage. Working Advantage is the premier savings portal for more than 10,000 companies and organizations and their ten million employees and members nationwide. Working Advantage offers RESA® member’s discounts on everything from entertainment, theme parks such as Disney Land, Six Flags, Aquariums, hotels, health, home & garden, and car rentals. Enjoy online shopping from retailers such as Macy’s, The Gap, Sears, Target, KOHL’s, Kmart, HSN, Nordstrom, and Nike. Working Advantage also passes on discounts with service providers such as ADT Home Security, Direct TV, and much, much more!
Join RESA Now